[asterisk-users] Single BLF for ALL trunks in use

Jim & Karen Ostrosky jkco at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 3 18:24:23 MST 2007

Hi, first time poster.  I've searched, but find very little on this topic.

My church has only 2 incoming phone lines (copper), being serviced by
Digum TDM400 card.  The existng phone system (being replaced) was a key
system, easy for users to tell both lines were in use.  We have chosen
Polycom 430 phones for the new system, and from what I can tell, I'm
only going to have a single light to work with, via the directory &
"buddy watch" method.  So far, so good - I can watch a *single* Zap channel.

What I'd really like to do - for now - is to take the hint, which is
currently assigned to the specific Zap channel, and somehow have it
indicate that *all* of the available trunks are in use (all 2 of them
right now).    This so the people using the system know that both
outgoing lines are in use, please wait to make a call.

I've seen syntax like exten => 1234,hint,(Zap/1&Zap/2), but I don't
understand the & part (does it mean any of?).   Is there some similar
syntax that means all of?  Or, is there a way to synthesize a dummy
extension hint out of the individual channel hints?   Or.... is what i'm
asking not feasible?   I hope this is clear...

thanks
Jim Ostrosky
Redeemer Lutheran Church & School