[asterisk-users] Dell Servers

Christophorus Laube bob at semanticedge.de
Sat Feb 3 12:51:54 MST 2007

That depends on your distro. I have tested * with Beronet cards on OpenSuSE
10, Debain Sarge and Ubuntu Edgy. What has to be blacklisted is every
remainder of old ISDN stuff and hotplug modules (*php = * pci hot plug). As
far as I know these cards are not hotpluggable at all and who wants to have a
hotplug telephony gateway?

I also experienced asterisk crashes because of hotplug modules. But I have to
admit that this was on an IBM machine. The responsible kernel module (I
cannot remember which one that was) was polling for new pci hardware every
now and then and that was something the card didn't like so it unloaded the
mISDN kernel module and crashed asterisk.

On ubuntu (2950) I did not have to blacklist anything. On OpenSuSE (2850) I
had to remove the complete old ISDN stuff.

Regards, Christophorus