[asterisk-users] Dell Servers

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Feb 3 08:48:32 MST 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Remco Barendse wrote:
>
>>  Would you be willing to share your blacklist for the kernel modules?
>
> Have you considered compiling a custom kernel for your hardware rather than
> not loading modules? It's something I've always done from day 1 with Linux
> (some 10 years back now!) That way I get exactly what I need and no more, and
> the only modules I have are the wctdm & zap ones.
>
> It's not everyones cup of tea though - especially when using a distributing
> that you need to keep "standard" for external support purposes.

Thanks! It should give me some pointers. Indeed compiling kernels is not
my cup of tea. Everytime I try it on some stupid box i couldn't care less
about it works flawlessly but everytime I try it on a production box
(preferably remote) the box will not boot after :)

So for the moment I'll stick with stock redhat.