[asterisk-users] Talkoff

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Feb 1 14:16:00 MST 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 4:01 pm, McGhee, Stefano wrote:
> I'm trying to see if I can finally get rid of a talkoff problem that
> I've been having with my Asterisk server since I started messing with it
> over a year ago.  Currently, I'm running it on SuSE 10.1 box with
> Asterisk 1.4.  I'm using Snom 360s with the set.  My setup is one where
> the PSTN connects to a legacy PBX (Definity), then connects, via a T1
> cable, to a 4 port T1 card in the Asterisk.

What is the manufacturer and model of the 4-port T1 card?  I have had talkoff
with the TE406 (1st gen echo canceller), and have heard of talkoff occurring
with relaxdtmf=yes in zapata.conf.

I have *not* had talkoff issues at all with Sangoma's A104d nor with Digium's
TE407 cards.  Digium's TE406 most certainly had issues though.

So:
- if you have a TE406, disable hardware DTMF detection
- check that you do NOT have relaxdtmf=yes in zapata.conf

-A.