[asterisk-users] Talkoff

McGhee, Stefano Stefano.McGhee at studentuniverse.com
Thu Feb 1 14:01:10 MST 2007

Hello all,

I'm trying to see if I can finally get rid of a talkoff problem that
I've been having with my Asterisk server since I started messing with it
over a year ago.  Currently, I'm running it on SuSE 10.1 box with
Asterisk 1.4.  I'm using Snom 360s with the set.  My setup is one where
the PSTN connects to a legacy PBX (Definity), then connects, via a T1
cable, to a 4 port T1 card in the Asterisk.

Doing research over the past few months, I've seen that I should use
dtmfmode=rfc2833 and ensure that I use ulaw.

The sip.conf section referring to my extension looks like this:

[5257]
type=friend
secret=5257
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=no
port=5060
nat=never
mailbox=5257
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=gsm,alaw
dial=SIP/5257
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <5257>

My Snom 360 is set to use G.711u first, which I presume is ulaw.

I don't notice the problem on every call, just some calls.  It always
seems to be to calls going outside, but that's most of the calls I deal
with( as opposed to staying on the Asterisk or bridging to the
Definity).  The person calling me never hears the tones, just me.

What can I look at to get more clues?

Cheers,

Stefano