[asterisk-users] Dialplan programming vs. AGI vs. ???

Jon Farmer viperdude_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 05:46:04 MST 2007

This depends on your application. As you say you are able to do everything you require in dialplan at that is great. I have used AGI fairly extensively becuase the stuff I want to do can't be done in dialplan alone. For instance i have written a auto attendants that can be dynamically controlled by a non-techie user with real time and in call reconfiguration. Also i have written IVR apps that hook into our CRM and Accounting systems for fault reporting and credit card payments etc.

What you need is the tool for the job like everything in life :-)

Jon Farmer
Telford, Shropshire, UK