[asterisk-users] IVR help, please

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Fri Dec 28 15:20:03 CST 2007

Hi list.

I'm new to IVRs and trying to set up one that toggles an auto-forward
flag on or off for specific accounts.

I'd like to have my users dial an extension and then be prompted to
enter the account number.  (done)

Next I'd like it to jump to the appropriate line in the dial plan that
corresponds to the entered account number (if it is valid) and have it
play back the current status based on a quick DB query (i.e. - Acct
#1234 is currently 'on').  (done)

Then I'd like it to prompt the user to "Press 1 to turn forwarding on"
(or 2 for off), but this is where I get stuck.  I can't seem to figure
out how to do sub menus.  I've Googled and checked the wiki, but I can't
seem to find exactly what it is I need.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,
Jay