[asterisk-users] call queuing not detecting caller hang up when call originates from voip provider

John Taylor john at vetsurgeon.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 12:23:24 CST 2007

Dear all

I've got call queuing working when calls originate from my local site.

After testing I migrated it to calls originating from our voip
provider- it should ring an extension, then queue . All works well
apart from if the caller hangs up when queued: the call hangs around
in the queue as a phantom until one of the extensions answers it and
it is destroyed

Am I doing something wrong? Am using asterisk 1.4.16.2

Relevant part of files:

sip.conf

[voipfone]
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxxx
username=xxxxxx
fromuser=xxxxxx
fromdomain=sip.voipfone.co.uk
host=sip.voipfone.co.uk
insecure=very
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=fromvoipfone

[s450]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic

[xlite]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic

[consult]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic

extensions.conf

[fromvoipfone]
exten=> 1234,1,Dial(SIP/consult,3)
exten=> 1234,n,Answer
exten=> 1234,n,Ringing
exten=> 1234,n,Wait(2)
exten=> 1234,n,Background(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/mhqw)
exten=> 1234,n,Queue(myqueue|r)
exten=> 1234,n,Hangup

[phones]
exten=> 1001,1,Dial(SIP/s450)