[asterisk-users] No SMDI interfaces are available

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu Dec 27 10:25:59 CST 2007

Simplified Message Desk Interface (SMDI) defines a way for a phone
system to provide voice-messaging systems with the information that the
system needs to intelligently process incoming calls. Each time that the
phone system routes a call, it sends an SMDI message through an
EIA/TIA-232 connection to the voice-messaging system that tells it the
line that it is using, the type of call that it is forwarding, and
information about the source and destination of the call.

So this is NOT the problem in your case.

I would start by checking the basic TCP/ip connectivity b/w the machine
running the * PBX and your Softphone.

Try this:
iptables -L
	are they any rules listed, by default many linux distros setup a
basic fierewall for you that by default rejects or drops everything but
ssh and/or http.

Ping your PBX from your softphone PC. Is it reachable?

Is asterisk running?  (asterisk -rvvvvv)