[asterisk-users] No SMDI interfaces are available

Charlie Farinella cfarinella at appropriatesolutions.com
Thu Dec 27 10:10:33 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm a brand newbie to asterisk trying to set it up for the first time
and I can't get a softphone to connect, the connection times out.
I had a trixbox pro install working, but I need more control and would
like to learn to do it with asterisk.

 In /var/log/asterisk/messages I see:

WARNING[17401] res_smdi.c: No SMDI interfaces are available to listen
on, not starting SMDI listener.

on startup.  Can someone clue me in as to what this means?  Is it the
cause of my timeouts?

Asterisk version 1.4.16.2, no hardware, zaptel is running with the
ztdummy driver.

thanks,

--charlie

Charles Farinella