[asterisk-users] ISDN BRI support with HFC-PCI cards?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Dec 27 08:37:00 CST 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 06:03:09PM +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:

> Can Zaptel support HFC cards now (i.e. without mISDN?)

Zaptel drivers for PCI HFC-S cards (cards that use the single-port chips
of Cologne Chips) is zaphfc from BRIstuff, or vzaphfc. See
http://bristuff.org/ .

You'll also need support for BRI, PtMP and such in libpri and Asterisk.
That generally requires the libpri and Asterisk patches from bristuff.

> If so, does that include the Digium b410p card?

That card is uses the Cologne Chips HFC-4S chip. qozap from BRIstuff is
generally a driver for a similar hardware, but I assume it would need
some adaptations.

For instance, patches to adapt that driver to support the very similar
BeroNet cards can be found at http://blog.eth0.cc/zaptel-patchwork .
I have no idea what changes would be required to adapt the b410p card to
use qozap.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com