[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Dec 24 05:35:03 CST 2007

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 04:11:30AM -0700, Anthony Francis wrote:

> Asterisk is fairly easy to build, I don't see why it needs to be in a
> repo. IMO

Why does it need to be in a tarball? Isn't it simpler to just grab from
an SVN tag?

There are many benefits to a reproducable build. Also consider that
Asterisk is often part if a bigger product. Asterisk is essentially not
a PBX, but rather a PBX building toolkit. It is very customizable and
can do many things. And therefore can be integrated in many products.

One of those products is a binary distribution by Digium: AsteriskNow.

So it seems that some others do see the need. I suggest not to start
YAHW on that subject :-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com