[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - testing

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Fri Dec 21 01:25:55 CST 2007

20 dec 2007 kl. 01.43 skrev Dovid B:

> <snip>
>> Our problem is that very few in the community test beta releases
>> or development code. I want to send a big thank you to all that do,
>> you are very important in this process. And for those of you who
>> want to join, go to www.asterisk.org and find instructions on how
>> to download development code for testing. Join the "whoever
>> tests this stuff" group today :-)
> </snip>
>
> Olle I would love to test but I do not know what I am looking for. I
> would
> say that I have a fairly good knowledge of Asterisk  however I am
> not the
> best at tracing the root problems of issues. I have no problem of
> the bleeding edge version on a spate box, loading my current configs
> on it
> and seeing where it goes down. Maybe some info on what to look for
> when
> there are issues would help.

Dovid,
For people that wants to help the process, there's always time and
a large attention span from the development team. Join the #asterisk-dev
channel on IRC freenode.net and you'll find a weird enivronment (many
jokes among friends) but also a lot of people that can help you get
going,
give you ideas for testing and respond to your ideas. There's usually
a lot of real-time activity there (US time, not on my mornings here in
Sweden at GMT+1), but it might slow down now for Xmas.

Welcome!

/O