[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - testing

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Wed Dec 19 18:43:57 CST 2007

<snip>
> Our problem is that very few in the community test beta releases
> or development code. I want to send a big thank you to all that do,
> you are very important in this process. And for those of you who
> want to join, go to www.asterisk.org and find instructions on how
> to download development code for testing. Join the "whoever
> tests this stuff" group today :-)
</snip>

Olle I would love to test but I do not know what I am looking for. I would
say that I have a fairly good knowledge of Asterisk  however I am not the
best at tracing the root problems of issues. I have no problem of loading
the bleeding edge version on a spate box, loading my current configs on it
and seeing where it goes down. Maybe some info on what to look for when
there are issues would help.

Another thing is I have a limited amount of dial plan "code" that I use as
well as time. Maybe people can contribute lines of dial plan that they use
and we can put it on one central system. Other people can then test the
functionality of what users post that their dial plan logic is supposed to
do. If a "test user" has an issue with the way a call is supposed to work
then some one else can look at where and why it is breaking. I think this is
a good way for us to test each others dial plan logic, see errors etc. Of
course there is a question of who will run the box, debug etc. I would have
no problem donating a box for people to use in such a test scenario.