[asterisk-users] Telco MWI Detection on TDM400 Interface?

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Dec 20 17:39:27 CST 2007

I'm reminded of the (Pagoo??) call waiting voicemail applet a while back.

Let me sum up how one might do this:  I'm using vitelity for an 800#
DID... it's $0.50/mo plus time used, which is around $0.02/min maybe.
get your asterisk box registered to your itsp so that when your 800# DID
is dialed you enter the same dialplan your pstn callers fall into.
voila, your home now has an 800#.

Anyway, get your phone company to 'forward on busy' TO your 800#.  So
when your home phone is busy, the caller will instead be connected to
your asterisk via the internet and not even notice the difference (well,
if they were long distance.  Local callers might wonder why your
voicemail prompts sound like they're long distance though ;) )

I'm not being commercial about vitelity, just an example of what
services they provide that could achieve this.

Mojo