[asterisk-users] turn off auto-seek extention - force use timeout

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.net
Wed Dec 19 19:12:49 CST 2007

I have an application where a call-in user is prompted to enter an
identification number for schedule information.  That id number is setup
as an extension, and if that extension doesn't exist, it tells them that
they are not scheduled, then loops back to ask for the id number again.
My problem is that asterisk pre-emptively goes to the i extension
(invalid) too early depending on available extensions.  For example, if
I put in id number 4768, and there is only 4790 and 4732, it will push
to the invalid extension on the 6, then the "not scheduled" playback
message (a cepstral command) gets cancelled out from the DTMF push of
the 8.  So, if I put in 4768, I get prompted to enter an id number.
What I would like to do is turn off this feature, so that the number
input does not get evaluated until after the timeout (preferably
configurable from the extensions.conf file).

Thanks in advance

-Justin