[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Tue Dec 18 23:19:08 CST 2007

ok, here is my $0.02...  I created a script since I had to
install/update so often and for various reasons...
you can choose to compile automatically or manually...
modify the current release numbers, your repository, and source root...
all else is automated..
which is unloading zap driver, stopping a running asterisk, getting the
current release, untar'ng it and compiling it...
enjoy,
daveC

#!/bin/sh
#
#    get_latest_rel.sh
#
# Dave Cantera:  david.cantera at IBSOneCall.com
#
#    get the current asterisk release components, put them in our REPOSITORY
#    and unpack them in SRC_ROOT

####-----------< Change to suite between these lines >--------------
VER_AST="1.4.16"
VER_ZAPTEL="1.4.7.1"
VER_LIBPRI="1.4.3"
VER_ADDONS="1.4.5"

REPOSITORY="/root/tarballs"
SRC_ROOT="/usr/local/src"
####-----------< Change to suite between these lines >--------------

HTTP_SITE="http://downloads.digium.com"
PUB_DIR="/pub"

TARBALL_AST="/asterisk/releases/asterisk-${VER_AST}.tar.gz"
TARBALL_LIBPRI="/libpri/releases/libpri-${VER_LIBPRI}.tar.gz"
TARBALL_ZAPTEL="/zaptel/releases/zaptel-${VER_ZAPTEL}.tar.gz"
TARBALL_ADDONS="/asterisk/releases/asterisk-addons-${VER_ADDONS}.tar.gz"

COMPONENTS="${HTTP_SITE}${PUB_DIR}${TARBALL_AST}
${HTTP_SITE}${PUB_DIR}${TARBALL_ZAPTEL}
${HTTP_SITE}${PUB_DIR}${TARBALL_LIBPRI}
${HTTP_SITE}${PUB_DIR}${TARBALL_ADDONS} "

echo
echo
echo " we are prepared to get the complete current release "
echo " of asterisk, libpri, zaptel, and addons "
echo " the tarballs will be placed in our REPOSITORY and "
echo " then extracted to our SRC_ROOT "
echo
echo "-------------------< Activity Recap >----------------"
echo
echo "         TARBALL REPOSITORY: ${REPOSITORY}"
echo "                   SRC_ROOT: ${SRC_ROOT}"
echo "           asterisk tarball: ${TARBALL_AST}"
echo "             libpri tarball: ${TARBALL_LIBPRI}"
echo "             zaptel tarball: ${TARBALL_ZAPTEL}"
echo "             addons tarball: ${TARBALL_ADDONS}"
echo
echo -n " Are You Ready?  Y to procced: "
read ANSWER

if [ "null${ANSWER}" == "nullY" ]
then
    echo
    echo "-----------------"
    echo " stopping asterisk "
    echo
    echo " choose your poison: "
    echo "     a) /usr/bin/asterisk -xr stop now"
    echo "     b) /etc/init.d/asterisk stop "
    echo
    echo -n "  which one? "
    read STOPCMD
    if [ "null${STOPCMD}" == "nulla" ]
    then
        /usr/bin/asterisk -r -x 'stop now'
    fi
    if [ "null${STOPCMD}" == "nullb" ]
    then
        /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
    fi

    echo
    echo "-----------------"
    echo " get the current asterisk & component releases and put them in
our repository ${REPOSITORY}"
    # lets go to the repository directory
    cd ${REPOSITORY}

    for TARBALL in `echo ${COMPONENTS}`
    do
        echo "    getting component: ${TARBALL} "
    #    wget ${TARBALL}
    done

    TARFILES="
    asterisk-${VER_AST}.tar.gz
    libpri-${VER_LIBPRI}.tar.gz
    zaptel-${VER_ZAPTEL}.tar.gz
    asterisk-addons-${VER_ADDONS}.tar.gz "

    echo
    echo "-----------------"
    echo " unpack the current asterisk & component tarballs into our
source root ${SRC_ROOT}"
    # lets go to the source root directory
    cd ${SRC_ROOT}
    for TARBALL in `echo ${TARFILES}`
    do
        echo "    untar'ng component: ${TARBALL} "
    #    tar xzf ${TARBALL}
    done

    echo
    echo "-----------------"
    echo " unloading Zap drivers"
    # unload the zaptel drivers
    ZAP_MODULES=`lsmod | grep zap | awk '{printf("%s,",$4)}' | sed 's/,/
/g'`

    for MODULE in `echo ${ZAP_MODULES}`
    do
        echo "    unloading zap module: ${MODULE}"
    #    modprobe -r ${MODULE}
    done

    echo
    echo " now you are ready to compile at ${SRC_ROOT} "
    echo

    echo -n " Shall I continue with the compile? Y?"
    read COMPILE
    if [ "null${COMPILE}" == "nullY" ]
    then
        echo " Compiling Zaptel version ${VER_ZAPTEL}"
        cd "${SRC_ROOT}/zaptel-${VER_ZAPTEL}"
        make;make; make install

        echo " Compiling libpri version ${VER_LIBPRI}"
        cd "${SRC_ROOT}/libpri-${VER_LIBPRI}"
        make; make install

        echo " Compiling Asterisk version ${VER_AST} "
        cd "${SRC_ROOT}/asterisk-${VER_AST}"
        make; ./configure; make; make install

        echo " Compiling Asterisk Addons version ${VER_ADDONS} "
        cd "${SRC_ROOT}/asterisk-addons-${VER_AST}"
        echo " make disabled..."
        #make; make install

    else
        echo " Ok, compile it yourself! "