[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Dec 18 11:50:37 CST 2007

At 10:33 AM 12/17/2007, you wrote:
>At 02:55 AM 12/17/2007, you wrote:
> > > I wonder if there are any major obstacles for upgrading.
>
>Because of your message I tried upgrading to 1.4 again Saturday. That
>was the third or fourth time I've tried and the first time it's
>lasted more than a few hours before segfaulting and causing me to
>step back to 1.2. It seems like I might be staying with 1.4 this time
>as 2 days later it's still working. I did find one last deprecated
>function in the startup logs and fixed that so I should now be good
>for the 1.6 upgrade.

Well, I spoke too soon. This morning I'll be going back to 1.2 as
1.4.15 just segfaulted.  It always happens when something is going on
with a Zap call, this time it was hanging up a call.

I've no idea what might be the problem or how to even begin to
troubleshoot. And it's my business so I can only play on Saturdays,
gives me 2 days to fix it if there's a problem, sadly this time, it
took 2 days to break

Ira