[asterisk-users] Dropped Calls

Steve Totaro stotaro at mail.schoffstall.com
Tue Dec 18 10:15:32 CST 2007

Jared Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 17:43 +0100, Administrateur www.jeremy-salmon.org
> wrote:
>
>> Randomly I have dropped calls during communication. No absolutetimeout or other
>> calling limitation options.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
>>

> The first place I'd look would be the Asterisk CLI. Make sure you turn
> up the CLI verbosity first by typing "core set verbose 5" before the
> call.  If that doesn't offer any clues, I'd next look at the SIP
> signaling.  You can see that by typing "sip set debug" at the Asterisk
> CLI, or by using a network tool such as Wireshark, tcpdump, or ngrep.
>
> ---
> Jared Smith
> Community Relations Manager
> Digium, Inc.

I would also ask that all user's keep a log or send an email to you with
their extension, if the call was internal or external, time, and how
long into the call that it dropped.  Collecting this data might help you
figure out a trend.  I would open an SSH session with txt logging and
ask everyone to submit a dropped call report and see if you can link up
some common events or errors.  You may find it is only happening on
external calls which may look like a normal hangup and could indicate a
problem with your PSTN connectivity.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro