[asterisk-users] Calling Party Category Field

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sun Dec 16 02:09:10 CST 2007

     For the past month I've been having trouble dialing certain numbers.  We
have Asterisk 1.4.14, Zaptel 1.4.7, Libpri 1.4.2 on a CentOS 5 server.  We are
using PRI on a TE110P card /etcwith a provider called Alestra in Monterrey,
Mexico.

     There are some numbers that whenever we dial them we always get a busy
tone.  These numbers do not all belong to the same provider, but they all do
not belong to Alestra.  In the CLI Asterisk says that the number is not
available, like the number does not exist.  After some testing the provider
has told us that the problem is on our side and gave this explanation:

Whenever we dial one of those numbers Asterisk is sending the following:

52     "Calling Party Category Field"     0x00

When it should be sending:

52     "Calling Party Category Field"     0x0a

As they explain it our server is sending the wrong signal and that is causing
the other side to drop the call.  Where can I check on this?  Is it possible
to change this behavior?  Here is the relevant part of the config:

/etc/zaptel.conf
# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0"

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3 #,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31