[asterisk-users] LDAPget question, usage

arkda thrills3k3r at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:41:23 CST 2007

Hi,

I've recently come across LDAPget (version 2.0rc1) and I've been trying to
get it functional in my test environment (Asterisk 1.4.15 and MS Active
Directory 2003) but I can't seem to get it working.

I put together a test extension to try to change the CALLERID(name) by way
of a LDAP query to AD:

extensions.conf

exten => 100,1,Answer()
exten => 100,n,LDAPget(CALLERID(name)=cidname)
exten => 100,n,SayPhonetic(${CALLERID(name)})
exten => 100,n,Hangup()

ldap.conf

[cidname]
host = dc1.test.domain.lan
version = 3
user = cn=asterisk,ou=services,dc=test,dc=domain,dc=lan
pass = xxxxxxx
base = ou=Addressbook,o=test.domain.lan
filter = (&(objectClass=person)(|(telephoneNumber=${CALLERID(num)})))

Whenever this is tested, the following is output on the Asterisk console:

[Dec 16 02:24:04] WARNING[5258]: app_ldap.c:266 ldap_lookup: LDAPget: search
failed: Operations error

I'm the first to admit I'm not an LDAP or a MS guy, so if my query is wrong
I'll happily slink away. It does run in AD at least, and I'm certain
authentication is working correctly. I've checked to make sure both my
CALLERID(num) and LDAP telephoneNumber match exactly as well.

Is anyone doing something similar? Am I missing something?