[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:30:09 CST 2007

It's funny, but though I think nothing of having a linux box as a pbx,
on 24/7 for years, I can't imagine using windows this way. I think
there's little or no market for this whereas if there were a fanless,
diskless embedded solution for just under $200 that came configured
with the account (IAX  or SIP and the proper provider) it would be a
hit. For consumers, better to let them choose their own analog phone.
For the teens, this adds their own line with unlimited dialing and
international if needed.

When appliances are down to this proce and they come pre-configured,
plug it in, plug in a telephone and it works, that'll be the day this
thing takes off. Even then, the market isn't huge. Maybe add in more
intelligence in routing calls as an attraction.