[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Fri Dec 14 13:43:05 CST 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:30:46 -0700, mgraves at mstvp.com wrote:
>That said, consider the potential market size for people, the DIY sorts,
>who would have Asterisk in their homes.

Precisely: The home/SOHO market is huge, and providing an IVR + PCI
card combo for Windows for, say, $200, would probably be successful.
Think families with teenagers, one-person businesses, etc.

OTOH, having to run a separate PC just to handle calls from a single
POST line AND having to install Linux + Asterisk on this thing... It'd
have to be an appliance (which I haven't seen avaiable in this price
range).