[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

mgraves at mstvp.com mgraves at mstvp.com
Fri Dec 14 11:30:46 CST 2007

I'm a platform agnostic. I need to use a bit of everything in my daily
work. I will say that my current XP desktop has been very reliable. It's
not uncommon for it to stay up for a couple of weeks at at time without
a reboot. My linux and FreeBSD systems routinely go months untouched.

That said, consider the potential market size for people, the DIY sorts,
who would have Asterisk in their homes. Very small. Hence there's little
reason for someone to build hardware targeting that market and its
economic sensibilities.

Moving slightly up market into SMB space the cost of the Digium or
Sangoma hardware is not a problem. And, after all, you get what you pay
for in most cases.

Michael Graves
mgraves <at> mstvp.com
o(713) 861-4005