[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Dec 14 09:51:10 CST 2007

Doug wrote:
> At 19:55 12/13/2007, Vincent wrote:
>  >Hello
>  >
>  >I was wondering why there doesn't seem to a Windows version of Zaptel,
>  >making the Digium and its clones unavailable for a Windows PBX.
>  >
>  >Is the Zaptel/Zapata combo too *nix-centric?
>  >
>  >Thanks.
>
> Windows is a half-baked, dying OS that in essence is
> a 32 bit extension and graphical shell, for a 16 bit
> patch to an 8 bit operating system, originally coded
> for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit
> company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Nice.

> Do you really want to reboot your telephone system
> 3 times a day?

I'm not a Windows basher as I make a good living from Windows based software,
but I couldn't see it either.

My asterisk box was rebooted about 3 months ago when I made some changes last.
It's running Asterisk, FirebirdSQL, 1 FastAGI server and a lot of natively
compiled AGI executables handling tech support, sales, caller id database
lookups, nag calling, etc, etc.

I have to reboot my desktop xp box daily for it to run well.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"If I don't see you around here, I'll see you around, hear?"