[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.18 and Polycom phones not forwarding anymore

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:02:03 CST 2007

Hi Mick -

> I've had a functioning Asterisk system (1.2.18), which I haven't
> reconfigured in any way, that is just now refusing to forward calls.   I
> only have Polycom phones.  When I use the phone's forward feature
> (forwarding the phone with extension 204 to extension 206, which used to
> work as recently as yesterday) I get this in the console: "called
> sipreg-12344".  No ringing, nothing.  Just a long silence while the Dial cmd
> times out.
>
> I`ve rebooted the phones, the router, everything in fact, but no result.
> Would anyone have an idea where to look next?

I'd enable verbose logging and see what you can find there.  To do so:

1. Edit logger.conf
2. add the word "verbose" to the line "messages =>" (and make sure the
line is uncommented)
3. restart asterisk

Check it out to see what's going on.

WARNING:
Be very sure to disable verbose logging when you're done.  It will
generate a LOT of log entries, and can affect performance.

- Noah