[asterisk-users] How do I do this?

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Dec 13 12:40:31 CST 2007

Ade Vickers wrote:
> I have 2 asterisk servers - serverA and serverC - connected via IAX2.
>
> On serverA, I have a "telemarketer hold" extension which, if I transfer a
> caller into it, loops around playing music & "please wait" messages, until
> they give up & hang up the phone.
>
> Also on serverA, I have a custom devstate, which lights a lamp on a phone
> connected to serverA, which tells me if someone is currently held in that
> loop. When they hang up, the devstate is re-set & the lamp goes out.
>
> On serverC, I have a similar devstate, and a couple of extensions - one to
> turn the lamp on & one to turn it off.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I've achieved
excellent inter-asterisk communication using PHP
scripts triggered by System("wget
http://remote-server/teledeath_off.php") style stuff, if it helps :)

Not sure how that would work with devstate.  Maybe the php file would
connect to asterisk via the manager
interface and dial the teledeath_off extension through the Local channel.