[asterisk-users] X100P Fxo card headaches

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:34:08 CST 2007

Chris Boczko wrote:
> Hello List,

Hello Chris,

> Im just dipping my feet into the asterisk world, and im having major
> fxo problems
>
> Im running Asterisk (from svn) + libpri (from svn) + asterisk-addons
> (from svn) + asterisk gui (svn 1.4 branch) + zaptel (svn 1.4) on a
> Debian Etch box, with 1gb ram, running all of the services for my home
> server (web / db / music server etc), and i would like to run my PSTN
> line from Kingston Comms, but i can't get this box the recoginsie this
> line!
>
> The X100p is a cheap clone i got off ebay for a tenner, so im not
> expecting much, i know they have echo issues, but im going to upgrade
> to a SPA3012 / TDM400B when i have the cash.

I bought a cheap clone from eBay in the US for about £15 inc. postage
that has two sockets on the back. One for the PSTN line and one as a
passthrough for a phone. The board is from VOX I think and looks to be
quite a recent design - all surface mount components and not that
many... It's a low-profile card and slot connector as I am running
asterisk and other apps on a low power VIA 1.2Ghz CN700 board - just 7W!

> Ztcfg -vv reports
>
> orange:~# ztcfg -vv
>
> Zaptel Version: SVN-branch-1.4-r3374
> Echo Canceller: MG2
> Configuration
> ======================
>

> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>
> 1 channels to configure.

That looks fine: Mine says basically the same thing (extra lines removed).

# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.6
Echo Canceller: OSLEC
Configuration
======================

Channel map:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
1 channels to configure.

> and my zaptel.conf file contains
>
> /etc/zaptel.conf
> fxsks=1
> loadzone=uk
> defaultzone=uk

Here's mine:

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

fxsks=1

> but zap show status in the command line shows
>
> orange*CLI> zap show status
> Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
> Fra Codi Options  LBO
> Wildcard X100P Board 1                   OK      0      0      0
> CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
> orange*CLI>

Mine:
Description                              Alarms  IRQ   bpviol    CRC4
Wildcard X100P Board 1                   OK       0      0        0

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this line to work, ive
> followed every howto i can find, and google seems to be comming up
> short, as far as i can see, ztcfg should report the card as
> configured, but it isn't, and ive no idea why.

Your settings look fine to me.

My zapata.conf

; Zapata telephony interface ;
; Configuration file
[channels]
;Hardware defaults for the x100p card
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
;callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
transfer=yes
;usecallingpres=yes
;callwaitingcallerid=yes
;cancallforward=yes
;callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echotrainingwhenbridged=no
;echotraining=400
;rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks

cidsignalling=v23 ; Added for UK CLI detection
;cidstart=usehist ; After patching the driver from here :
; http://www.lusyn.com/resources/asterisk/usehist.htm
callerid=asreceived ; propagate the CID received from BT
rxgain=6.0
txgain=6.0

;define channel
context=main_menu
language=en
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1 ;Our x100p

You don't show how your zapata.conf is set up and whether you have the
context and channel defined correctly. (Note quite a lot of the options
in mine are commented out - still playing around to see what things do)

In my extension.conf I have a context called "main_menu" that presents a
fairly simple Automated Attendant system.

Can you make outgoing calls? What happens if you set debugging to a
reasonably high number and you try to ring in? You should at least see
ringing detection etc...

In the asterisk console you should have something like this.:

vimes*CLI> zap show channels
Chan Extension     Context         Language   MOH Interpret
  pseudo            main_menu       en         default
       1            main_menu       en         default

If/when you do get the card working, I'd recommend you change your echo
canceller to OSLEC. It works a treat! I have written a few articles
about setting it up on my blog: as below.

--
The way out is open!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com