[asterisk-users] rollback procedure requirements before asterisk upgrade

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 06:03:13 CST 2007

Dear all,

I've a live system that needs to be upgraded but, before I proceed to the
upgrade I want to assure the rollback process.

That's why I'm requesting your feedback, in fact this asterisk in live
system isn't going so bad but.... the upgrade is essential

NOTICE that the upgrade will keep the same version 1.2 not from 1.2 to 1.4

Requirements:

-backup /usr/sbin/asterisk
-backup /usr/lib/asterisk/modules

Download  asterisk 1.2.25 and compile it.

This way I've tested and seems to work fine in my Virtual Machine lab.

The only issue i found was one module that is loaded with my
modules.confthat I needed to copy from the backup
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules and  give
the right permissions.

Am I missing something?

best regards,

Marco Mouta

--
Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.