[asterisk-users] X100P Fxo card headaches

Chris Boczko admgecko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 04:09:34 CST 2007

Hello List,

Im just dipping my feet into the asterisk world, and im having major
fxo problems

Im running Asterisk (from svn) + libpri (from svn) + asterisk-addons
(from svn) + asterisk gui (svn 1.4 branch) + zaptel (svn 1.4) on a
Debian Etch box, with 1gb ram, running all of the services for my home
server (web / db / music server etc), and i would like to run my PSTN
line from Kingston Comms, but i can't get this box the recoginsie this
line!

The X100p is a cheap clone i got off ebay for a tenner, so im not
expecting much, i know they have echo issues, but im going to upgrade
to a SPA3012 / TDM400B when i have the cash.

Ztcfg -vv reports

orange:~# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Version: SVN-branch-1.4-r3374
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels to configure.

orange:~#

and my zaptel.conf file contains

orange:~# more /etc/zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk
orange:~#

but zap show status in the command line shows

orange*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
Fra Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard X100P Board 1                   OK      0      0      0
CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
orange*CLI>

and i think the Unk means unknown...?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this line to work, ive
followed every howto i can find, and google seems to be comming up
short, as far as i can see, ztcfg should report the card as
configured, but it isn't, and ive no idea why.

Hope you can help

Chris