[asterisk-users] Checking Dial Status

Joe Morsbach jmorsbach at stage49.homeip.net
Mon Dec 10 14:04:36 CST 2007

All,

I'm looking for a creative way to do this...

I've got a Polycom 650 as well as a standard cordless phone connected to
the Zap channel...

My Dialplan in extensions.conf looks like this:

exten => 9007,1,Dial(zap/1r4&SIP/polycom-9007,20,r)
exten => 9007,2,Answer
exten => 9007,3,GoTo(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(9007,u)
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(9007,b)

What I would like to have happen is that if I have the "Do Not Disturb"
option enabled on my Polycom 650, I would like the user to get the busy
voicemail greeting...

It works flawlessly if I do NOT dial the zap/1 channel... It also works
flawlessly if I enable "Do Not Disturb" on BOTH the SIP and Zap channels
being dialed.

Basically what I'd like to do is if the SIP channel is Busy, jump
immediately to busy voice mail greeting... But if the SIP channel is not
Busy, Dial both the SIP and ZAP channels...

Is there any way to do this correctly and probe my SIP phone before I dial
any channels?

Thanks