[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk to connect 2 locations with legacy PBX

Kovář Jan jan-kovar at meggle.cz
Mon Dec 10 06:24:33 CST 2007

Hello.

I am going through the documentation and trying to find if asterisk can help me in my case. It is quite difficult to find answer because I do not know the exact question.
I have two location. Each in different country. Both locations have Siemens HiPath - different type and software. I can not use card that would allow me to connect those PBXs using SIP. But I have some free ISDN and analog ports in both PBXs. Is it possible to use Asterisk on each side with some ISDN or analog card to connect to each PBX and enable users to call through the "asterisk shortcut"? The users would not dial +country code whole number, but for example 99 + internal number in second location to use Asterisk instead of conventional telecom line. Could this be done using Asterisk? What should I look for in documentation?

Thank you

Best regards

Jan Kovář
IT koordinátor
Meggle, s.r.o., Gotthardská 4/37, CZ-160 00 Praha 6
tel    +420 729 828 128
fax    +420 224 312 184
gsm   +420 724 112 882
jan-kovar at meggle.cz