[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP Microsoft Outlook Integration

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:42:25 CST 2007

OutCall is very confusing. The user has multiple options "Call
Contact" the outlook option remains present (and does not work). That
is confusing.

You need a "TAPI Driver" for the easiest user experience. This plugs
in to the Windows/Outlook framework. Not only does it work with the
factory Outlook options any application that uses TAPI for placing
calls will work with no added configuration/modification.

There are various 3rd party TAPI drivers but I think these little
things are items that need to be added to the Asterisk development.