[asterisk-users] Using XML for configuration management, single-source-of-truth, etc.

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Sun Dec 9 14:48:53 CST 2007

Neat.  Does that reference mention anything about how XML was
originally designed as a generic storage mechanism for data being
moved from one architecture to another where the original meaning of
the data might be lost due to differences of those architectures?  I
suppose a case can be made for using XML to transfer a SIP phone
config from the tftp server to the phone itself but it makes no sense
what-so-ever (to me at least) to use XML for a static config sitting
on a server.

It comes across to me about the same as someone saying they think
using ftp would be a neat way to transfer rtp in a SIP conversation.
It really doesn't matter if it can be done or not;  why bother??