[asterisk-users] Installing/configuring TE120P debian way

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 9 10:25:01 CST 2007

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 03:53:05PM +0000, Andres Jimenez wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I use asterisk (1.2 brach) from debian official packages and it works fine.
>
> Now I need to install and configure a Digium TE120P card, but I cannot
> find any guide to install it using debian packages.

AFAIK those cards are not supported in the version of Zaptel in Etch.
So you basically need a newer zaptel .

Last time I tried the same zaptel 1.4 worked with recent asterisk 1.2,
but I'm not sure about asterisk 1.2.13 .

> I would like to know if anyone of you knows about packages that would
> include the necessary kernel modules or any other method that won't be
> broken when the asterisk packages are updated.

Etch backports of both zaptel *and* asterisk are available at
http://pkg-voip.buildserver.net/ or from http://updates.xorcom.com/rapid
. The latter updates less frequently and is far less complete. But
includes pre-built zaptel-modules packages for etch kernels (to save you
'm-a a-i zaptel').

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com