[asterisk-users] Red Alarm TE420 with E1s - R2

Roger C. Beraldi Martins rogerberaldi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:39:45 CST 2007

Richard,

so I sould use 'unused' for de 4th span, but I don't find information
about how do this
configuration. I think it's something like this:

span=4,0,0,unused

that's it ? What do you think ?

If it's dosn't work I will check for de cable buildings.

Thank you for your help !

2007/12/3, Richard Lyman <pchammer at dynx.net>:
> Roger C. Beraldi Martins wrote:
> > Dear members of the list,
> >
> > I have difficulties to obtain sync with a Digium TE420 PCI Express
> >  For four entries E1, In my case I am with only 3 E1s available to
> > configure. The
> >  telephony operator is BrasilTelecom and Signaling is R2 Digital.
> >
> *snipped
> >  The first three spans are configured (and connected to modens) but
> >  I am getting RED in zttool (end on the board leds) the fourth are not
> > configured (commented).
> >
> *snipped
> > cat /etc/zaptel.conf
> >
> > -------
> >
> > # MFC/R2 does not normally use CRC4
> > loadzone        = br
> > defaultzone     = br
> >
> > span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
> > span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
> > span=3,0,0,cas,hdb3
> > #span=4,0,0,cas,hdb3
> >
> > cas=1-15:1101
> > cas=17-31:1101
> >
> > cas=32-46:1101
> > cas=48-62:1101
> >
> > cas=63-77:1101
> > cas=79-93:1101
> >

> use 'unused' to for remaining channels for that 4th span.
>
> *snipped
>
> you should always define all the 'spans', and just disable them via
> 'unused', vice only partially configuring the card.
>
> this may not be your cause (i guess the cable), but at least you can
> test this without having to hunt down/make a new cable.
>
> goodluck

Atenciosamente,

Roger C. Beraldi Martins
Fone: 41-8828-7068