[asterisk-users] Red Alarm TE420 with E1s - R2

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Mon Dec 3 10:41:48 CST 2007

Roger C. Beraldi Martins wrote:
> Dear members of the list,
>
> I have difficulties to obtain sync with a Digium TE420 PCI Express
>  For four entries E1, In my case I am with only 3 E1s available to
> configure. The
>  telephony operator is BrasilTelecom and Signaling is R2 Digital.

*snipped
>  The first three spans are configured (and connected to modens) but
>  I am getting RED in zttool (end on the board leds) the fourth are not
> configured (commented).

*snipped
> cat /etc/zaptel.conf
>
> -------
>
> # MFC/R2 does not normally use CRC4
> loadzone        = br
> defaultzone     = br
>
> span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
> span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
> span=3,0,0,cas,hdb3
> #span=4,0,0,cas,hdb3
>
> cas=1-15:1101
> cas=17-31:1101
>
> cas=32-46:1101
> cas=48-62:1101
>
> cas=63-77:1101
> cas=79-93:1101

use 'unused' to for remaining channels for that 4th span.

*snipped

you should always define all the 'spans', and just disable them via
'unused', vice only partially configuring the card.

this may not be your cause (i guess the cable), but at least you can
test this without having to hunt down/make a new cable.

goodluck