[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.15 crash without generating core file

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Dec 3 04:45:42 CST 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 01:06:50PM +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:

> equis software wrote:
> > Hi, I'm testing Asterisk 1.4.15 with the  -g option.
> > When it crash didn´t generate core file in the /tmp folder.
> > What is happening??
>
> Check the directory you were in when you ran Asterisk.

Or alternatively:

  echo '/tmp/core.%e.%t' > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern

This will mean that all core files (for anything that generates core
file, not only asterisk) will be created under /tmp with the file name
'core.<name_of_executable>.<time_of_crash>' (time: seconds since epoch).

To make this change permanent (if you actually think it is wise), use
/etc/sysctl.conf .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com