[asterisk-users] E1 to Ethernet Bridge

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Aug 31 08:25:23 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 12:55 +0000, Arinze Izukanne wrote:
> I am trying to Bridge 2 E1 interfaces over a long distance link

It's really not too difficult... it ends up looking like this:

E1 -> Asterisk A -> IAX2 -> Asterisk B -> E1

Asterisk box A is configured to take calls from the E1, and send the
calls over IAX2 to box B.  Box B takes calls in over IAX2, and sends
them out its E1.  (The reverse can also be setup as well, so that calls
coming into box B over its E1 can be forwarded over IAX2 to box A, and
so forth.)

Let me know if you need me to go into further detail.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager