[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Aug 30 09:41:45 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 08:02 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> As I understand it, Digium does NO formal QA testing before the free
> Asterisk/Zaptel/libPRI releases.  Asterisk Business Edition is a
> different story and gets extensive QA testing.

As I understand it, that's simply due to a lack of resources.  At the
Asterisk Developer's Conference earlier this year, the Asterisk
Developers were all pretty much in agreement that more needed to be done
in this area, but that it would have to be a combined effort between the
Asterisk community and Digium, as Digium simply doesn't have the
resources at this point to do it all itself.

> On IRC I have been a "vocal user from hell" about the QA issues of
> Digium open source products.

I've tried to be vocal about this too.  And now that I'm working for
Digium, I'd be happy to try to coordinate an effort between the
community and Digium to try to come up with a framework where we can all
work together to make this happen.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager