[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Aug 30 08:02:17 CDT 2007

Matt wrote:

> I guess my request is just that Digium maybe spend a little more time
> in QA before rolling a release out the door.   It's just annoying when
> you do what should be a dot upgrade, and find out  a feature that had
> worked just one dot below has now stopped working, or worse yet
> asterisk segfaults.    And when it's on a production system you can't
> just "keep trying and get traces".

As I understand it, Digium does NO formal QA testing before the free
Asterisk/Zaptel/libPRI releases.  Asterisk Business Edition is a
different story and gets extensive QA testing.

On IRC I have been a "vocal user from hell" about the QA issues of
Digium open source products.  I understand their point of view, but the
discussions have not come up with any kind of QA ideas that would work
in the real world.