[asterisk-users] DTMF Question

Jeremy Mann jmann at txhmg.com
Thu Aug 30 09:25:43 CDT 2007

I have a SIP phone calling via a SIP trunk another asterisk system, that then sends the call out a ZAP channel.

When I press any of the features defined in features.conf, The end user on the ZAP side hears the DTMF tones, and none of the features work.

My DTMFmode on the SIP users definition is rfc2833

Asterisk console doesn't register that a feature is being recognized, any ideas?

Below are my users.conf definition, features.conf, and extensions logic on the system the SIP caller is registered with(users.conf setup with AsteriskGUI, extensions.conf setup by hand):

--features.conf
[featuremap]
blindxfer => #1         ; Blind transfer  (default is #)
disconnect => *0                ; Disconnect  (default is *)
automon => *1                   ; One Touch Record a.k.a. Touch Monitor
atxfer => *2                    ; Attended transfer
parkcall => #72                ; Park call (one step parking)

--users.conf--

[6003]
callwaiting = no
context = from-internal
fullname = IT Support
hasagent = no
hasdirectory = no
hasiax = yes
hasmanager = no
hassip = yes
hasvoicemail = no
host = dynamic
mailbox = 6003
threewaycalling = no
vmsecret = 1234
registeriax = yes
registersip = yes
canreinvite = no
nat = no
dtmfmode = rfc2833
disallow = all
allow = all

[dtrr] ;bi-directional trunk to 2nd asterisk system.
allow = ulaw,alaw
context = from-outside
dialformat = ${EXTEN}
hasexten = no
hasiax = no
hassip = yes
host = 10.10.0.10
port = 5060
username = dtrr
secret = dtrr
registeriax = no
registersip = no
trunkname = Custom - Corporate
trunkstyle = customvoip
disallow = gsm,ilbc,speex,g726,adpcm,lpc10,g729

--extensions.conf--

[globals]
trunk_2 => SIP/dtrr

[macro-trunkdial]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-BUSY,1,Hangup()
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Hangup()
exten => _s-.,1,NoOp()

[from-internal]
exten => _1000,1,Macro(trunkdial,${trunk_2}/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(trunkdial,${trunk_2}/${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(trunkdial,${trunk_2}/${EXTEN})

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Texas Health Management Group immediately at 1-817-310-4999. Texas Health Management Group, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.

believed to be clean.