[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Aug 29 21:51:04 CDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 9:35 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Another Digium software developer, Joshua Colp, has recently been
> working on an
> automated build farm with virtual machines for all of the different
> operating
> systems we support.  It already has 64 and 32 bit versions of Linux
> (glibc and
> uclibc) and FreeBSD, building both asterisk 1.4 and trunk
> (development for the
> next major version).  It is still growing, with planned support for
> Solaris 10
> x86/x86-64/sparc, and Mac OSX PPC/Intel.

Russell,
	I commend these efforts but if it compiles it doesn't mean it won't
crash in certain conditions much less run at all.  Proper unit
testing is hard to do trust me I have been reading up on the subject
and in this type of environment its hard to do proper unit tests
without bring up the environment and performing all tests.  That in
itself is not easy.

/b