[asterisk-users] (Asterisk_1.4.0 + rxfax + spandsp_0.0.4) - symbol lookup error

Pirlouwi pirlouwi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:44:28 CDT 2007

Hello Usersks,

foreword:
i saw a thread on Asterisk-Users list about this problem, but it seems
that there were no solution:
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg167757.html
Therefore, I relaunch this thread.
-------
Here it is:
I have the same behavior.
1) I never got installed spandsp before. The version that I have
installed is 0.0.4 (strangly labelled 0.0.3 inside the readme file),
and strangely too: the symbolic link inside /usr/lib refere to
libspandsp.so.0.0.2. It could be the beginning of the problem.

2) Asterisk is last version: 1.4.0, but not the svn version.

3) I got this error when using a very simple dialplan:
exten => 300, 1, answer()
exten => 300, 2, rxfax(/tmp/test.tif||debug)

The error is:
*CLI>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing [300 at Internal:1] Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [300 at Internal:2] RxFAX("Zap/1-1",
"/tmp/test.tif||debug") in new stack
/usr/sbin/asterisk: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_rxfax.so: undefined symbol:
span_set_message_handler
[root at p1170 apps]#

And after that Asterisk died with error code 127.

What did I after this error:
Actually, I am not able any more to compile app_rxfax.so. The
Asterisk-1.4 make menuselect tells me that rxfax and txfax have
dependencies problems (it is marked as XXX).
I don't know how to correct this, and I suppose that this correction
could correct the first problem mentioned in the beginning of this
mail.

It is exactly same error as former thread, but I got no solution.
Help should be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance.
--Pirlouwi.