[asterisk-users] Load testing/burn-in for Sangoma quad PRI card

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:11:08 CDT 2007

Hello all -

I'm about to deploy an asterisk server here at work.  Before
deploying, I'd like to do an extended load test on the system.  I
currently have T1 crossover cables connecting ports 1->2 and 3->4.
Would there be an easy way to script generating a bunch of calls
across these spans?  I envision generating 23 calls over the 1->2 span
and 23 over the 3->4 span.  I'd like to start the calls and then let
them stay connected for several days to make sure things are in order.
 This number of calls would be a *lot* higher load than this system
would ever see, but I just want to be safe.

Is there currently any script out there that would facilitate this
sort of testing?

Here's my current config:

linux-2.6.21
asterisk-1.4.10