[asterisk-users] G729 Confusion

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Aug 28 13:51:26 CDT 2007

Matt wrote:

>Ok,
>So does someone want to explain this:
>(About 5 hours after I enabled G729... reloaded... then had the
>problem... then disabled G729.. and reloaded I still have):

I can't explain that.  I have only seen stuck encoders/decoders on very
old versions of Asterisk.  I remember on one version, if the call ended
in voicemail, your encoder would be stuck and would never be freed.  You
would have to restart Asterisk to free the licenses.  But that was
corrected a long time ago.  What version are you running?

>1*CLI> show g729
>5/0 encoders/decoders of 5 licensed channels are currently in use
>
>Yet, no one is using these:
>iax2 show channels shows everyone is on ulaw.
>sip show channels shows everyone is on ulaw.

Andres
http://www.telesip.net