[asterisk-users] which OS would be fine for asterisk

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 27 11:15:15 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 18:24 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
[snip]
> Besides a knee jerk reaction that "Fedora Sucks", can someone give a
> real argument as to why I should or should not use it for production?
> (besides the several MB of yum updates daily, which to me is a good thing).

Steve,

Fedora 7 supports High Resolution Timers which (afaik) is not present in
the RHEL5/CentOS5 kernels. If I understand it correctly this could be
beneficial on a box that has no TDM card. Guess you could test the
difference and see if it is beneficial for your setup.

The patch for ztdummy which improved zttest results for me can be found
here: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10314

Regards,
Patrick