[asterisk-users] Can't create audio conversation between softphonesthrough Asterisk

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Mon Aug 27 09:14:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

In the early stages of deciding how to try and develop this environment, I looked at all the protocols that could be used. SIP was chosen just because it seemed to me that it was the most widely used protocol. I believe IAX is a new protocol with a little less documentation and examples. The good thing about this Jain-sip-phone is that it saves a lot of time since many of the important classes are more or less written already. In short, my goal is to create a custom softphone GUI interface. I am using this Jain-sip-phone as an example, so that I could learn the SIP protocol/RTP transmission better.

I have not really started altering much of the code yet because I was trying to see if it would run as is, so I have not tried dialing the Jain clients without a subscription. I believe Asterisk does accept subscription requests, but for some reason it doesn't like this one. I will soon start to experiment with the source code.

Thanks,

Denis