[asterisk-users] voip provider settings problem, please help

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Aug 27 08:32:30 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 27.08.2007, 08:55 -0400 schrieb Jody Gugelhupf:
> hi ppl, i'm using asterisk 1.2 because i'm making use of voiceone, but before i was using asterisk
> 1.4 and had the same problem, it concerns an italian voip/sip provider called eutelia/skypho, my
> problem is the following one:
> when i start my pbx my skypho account is working fine, meaning that e.g. incoming calls are shown
> in the asterisk CLI and caller and callee can hear each other when picked up, but after a while it
> stops working, incoming calls for this provider are not shown anymore in the CLI, but from other
> providers it always works, but the phone is ringingn nevertheless when calling my skypho
> account...when i then turn off the pbx and restart after sumthing like 2 hours my skypho account
> is working fine again, the incmiong calls are shown in the asterisk CLI, but after, i don't know
> let's say an hour or so it again stops working, incoming calls for my skypho account can not be
> seen in the asterisk CLI, then if i turn off the pbx for an hour or so it works again, so i
> thought it must be a setting issue, maybe something with the register? althought it always shows
> it registered when i use 'sip show registry' someone has an idea what i have to set or do to have
> it working permanently? what could be the problem here? i got no clue whatsoever and i have been
> using asterisk only since half a year, please help me, i'm totaly desperate, thx in advance
> jody :)

Jody,

you could post the relevant parts of your sip.conf here.

For me (with a similar problem) introducing

qualify=yes

to the provider context in sip.conf solved the problem about 99.9% of
the time; about three times a week I am off for less than 5 minutes at
one particular providers - others work fine (I have a cronjob checking
asterisk -rx "sip show registry" | grep "022396whatever"
which reports if status is NOT "Registered" - it does not do anything if
the peer is not registered except sending me a notifier mail, so I have
some kind of tracking).

I am not familiar with italian voiceone though.

Best,

Anselm