[asterisk-users] voip provider settings problem, please help

Jody Gugelhupf knueffle at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 07:55:12 CDT 2007

hi ppl, i'm using asterisk 1.2 because i'm making use of voiceone, but before i was using asterisk
1.4 and had the same problem, it concerns an italian voip/sip provider called eutelia/skypho, my
problem is the following one:
when i start my pbx my skypho account is working fine, meaning that e.g. incoming calls are shown
in the asterisk CLI and caller and callee can hear each other when picked up, but after a while it
stops working, incoming calls for this provider are not shown anymore in the CLI, but from other
providers it always works, but the phone is ringingn nevertheless when calling my skypho
account...when i then turn off the pbx and restart after sumthing like 2 hours my skypho account
is working fine again, the incmiong calls are shown in the asterisk CLI, but after, i don't know
let's say an hour or so it again stops working, incoming calls for my skypho account can not be
seen in the asterisk CLI, then if i turn off the pbx for an hour or so it works again, so i
thought it must be a setting issue, maybe something with the register? althought it always shows
it registered when i use 'sip show registry' someone has an idea what i have to set or do to have
it working permanently? what could be the problem here? i got no clue whatsoever and i have been
using asterisk only since half a year, please help me, i'm totaly desperate, thx in advance
jody :)

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca